top of page

Food Share (Food Stamps, SNAP)

Food Share assists low-income families and individuals to buy food. Economic support staff work with unemployed and underemployed Food Share recipients to assist them become self sufficient by locating employment. The majority of individuals served by Food Share are the elderly, the disabled and children.

This program can be applied for through Wisconsin's ACCESS website and can be accessed by clicking HERE. Or you can request a paper application by calling the Northern Consortium call center at 1-888-794-5722 and speaking with an economic support specialist, apply over the phone at the same number, or by requesting an in-person appointment either over the phone or at your local human services office.

In Iron County, your local office is located at

300 Taconite Street

Hurley WI 54534

on the second floor of the Court House.

bottom of page