top of page

Kinship Care

Family members of children in need of protection or other services may be eligible to receive Kinship Care Support if the child is voluntarily placed in their care or if the court orders the relative placement. Residing with relatives can provide children the benefits associated with having a continuing relationship with family. These arrangements can be a positive alternative to foster care, but should only be considered if found to be in the best interest of the child.

Please visit the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families by clicking here for more information regarding Kinship Care.

In Iron County, your local office is located at

300 Taconite Street

Hurley WI 54534

on the second floor of the Court House.

bottom of page